The Greatest Showman Book Tag

Monday 14 May 2018


What's that? Another tag? Who'd have guessed it. Monday is usually review day here on This Booky Place but today is a special day because The Greatest Showman is out on DVD and I am thoroughly excited to be spending the day watching it on repeat (Rebecca you better have gotten out of bed to go buy the DVD, I'm counting on you to take a photo of it for the post). 

Now before I keep talking to my future self, lets get on with the tag!

The Greatest Show: A book that gave you all the feels

State Of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury

This book was such a surprise but has still left me with a serious Mel hangover a couple of months later. If you need a book that has action, politics, romance, drama and a real sexy villain, then State of Sorrow is your thing. 

A Million Dreams: A book that left you dreaming after you finished it 

The Extinction Trials by Susan Wilson

Oh boy. When I heard about this series I knew it was going to be something very special to me. One of my favourite books of all time is Jurassic Park and The Hunger Games is also very important in my life -so this was always going to be a win. I dreamt I was Storm, running with (/away from) dinosaurs and generally day dreaming about Lincoln. 

Come Alive: A book where a character finally accepts themselves

Simon Spier from Simon Vs. by Becky Albertalli

After being brutally outed, Simon accepts and embraces who he is to go get his man and I think that's beautiful. 

The Other Side: A character who changes your opinion of them

Gale from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

If you've been reading my blog since at least Christmas, you will know I'm not a Gale fan. When I first read The Hunger Games, I was very much Katniss and was leaning more towards Gale while still being sort of team Peeta, but as time went on Gale really annoyed me and then he turned into a total jerk and I hate him now... Sorry for the dramatics. 

Never Enough – An author/series you could never get enough of 

Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling (Jack Thorne can help)

Well friends, I feel like that was obvious. Give me all The Cursed Child sequels. 2 Cursed 2 Child where Albus and Scorpius just discuss how they're actually in love for two and half hours worth of script. Yes please. 

This Is Me - A book you love despite everyone hating it 

Freshers by Tom Ellen and Lucy Ivision

This might just be a book that people in my circle disliked. I saw so many people saying they disliked the book because it wasn't their uni experience -it wasn't entirely mine either, but I recognised the characters and situations enough to really enjoy the book and it was one of my favourites from last year. 

Rewrite The Stars - A bookish OTP that overcame a lot to finally be together 

Aragorn and Arwen from Lord Of The Rings by J.R.R Tolkien

Going classic here guys. There are few other OTPs that I'm hoping will get there in book two of their respective series but for now the one that comes to mind is two of my original faves. Mortality is rough, but they did it (see also Malec for this). 

Tightrope: A book/series that gives you trust issues

The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu

There is a character in this book that is the epitome of why I find it really hard to trust people. Someone can be your best friend forever but as soon as something better comes along so are they. 

From now on: A book you've ignored for so long, you need to read it ASAP

Lord of Shadows by Cassandra Clare

I know the reasons why I haven't read this book yet are pretty sensible, not wanting a heartbreaking cliffhanger that I had to wait a year to be resolved, but the wait is slowly driving me mad. So this. 

No doubt I will already be watching The Greatest Showman when you're reading this, so let me know what you think of the film, did you love it as much as I did? If you want to do this tag, go ahead, as always I'm tagging my readers in general so knock yourselves out. 

Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

© Rebecca Stobart. Design by FCD.