Disney Book Tag

Monday 9 October 2017


Hey everyone! Back at you with another tag post, this time it's the Disney Book Tag which I saw on the lovely Amy's blog, she's over at Golden Books Girl and you should definitely check out her post. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm all over anything Disney related so when I saw this tag I knew I had to take part, now onto the questions!

1. The Little Mermaid - a character who is out of their element, a “fish out of water”


Clary Fairchild from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. A book series that I only read this year, but I think this category perfectly suits Clary. She grew up no knowing anything about the downworld or the different inhabitants of if, including the Shadowhunters, despite being one herself. This doesn't stop her adapting quickly and thriving in her new environment as though she had always been a part of it. 


2. Cinderella - A character who goes through a major transformation 

A book that I read recently is The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord. At the start of the book Paige is grieving for her first love, she's very much stuck inside her little bubble and has let life pass her by for around a year. One day she decides enough is enough and over the course of the book we see quiet, afraid Paige become more confident and strong, no longer resembling the girl from the start of the book. 


3. Snow White - A book with an eclectic cast

Bringing in a favourite from this year for this one. One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus. The brain: Bronwyn, the beauty: Addy, the bad boy: Nate and the jock: Cooper. The group are brought together by a murder that takes place during a detention they are all in. Their differences and the way they react to what is going on makes for a really interesting book which I feel fits the eclectic cast. 

4. Sleeping Beauty - A book which put you to sleep

Atonement by Ian McEwan. I'm sorry, I know this is a very popular book and I gave it my best shot but I just couldn't get away with it. Like with a lot of popular instant classics, this book was all anyone could talk about, but I thought it was so boring and not at all like I thought it would be. I didn't enjoy the film adaptation either and that has James McAvoy in it, if McAvoy can't save a storyline then nothing can be done to help.
5. The Lion King - A character who had a traumatic childhood 

The only character that came to mind while writing this isn't a character I talk about a lot, but who I think is very underrated, is Four/Tobias Eaton from the Divergent series. It comes to light that he was abused by his father for the majority of his childhood, sparking his decision to choose Dauntless over Abnegation, the faction he was born into. His rough childhood leads Four to being a bit of a hardass towards the start of the first book, but he softens thanks to Tris and becomes a functioning member of a broken society.


6. Beauty and the Beast - An Intimidating Read

A big book that I read a few years ago and seems very relevant right now was IT by Stephen King. This was recommended to me when I was in high school. Now for a lazy student reading for pleasure as well as for school, this was a near impossible book for me to finish, but everyone spoke so highly of it that I powered through. I ended up really enjoying the book, though it did deeply disturb me, I'm not recommending it but I am.  

7. Aladdin - A character who gets their wish granted 

Going with a slightly different approach to this question. The first thing that came to mind was 'Make A Wish' as in the foundation that grants wishes to terminally ill children, which led me to just one book. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. Augustus Waters wishes that he and Hazel be allowed to travel to Amsterdam to meet with Hazel's favourite author, and the wish comes true - though it isn't everything they hoped it would be. And now that I've given everyone TFIOS feels, onto the next question.



8. Mulan - A character who pretends to be someone they're not

I'm kinda repeating John Green for this one because I had two answers. Paper Towns; Margo, the super unique and interesting girl who in reality is just another high school girl having an existential crisis, biggest anti-climax in a book ever. I am Margo, you are probably Margo, where is our book dammit? I almost went with closet Divergent Tris Prior from Divergent but she doesn't really hide the truth for long, does she?

9. Toy Story - Characters I Want To Come To Life

I'm going with demons from Phillip Pullmans Northern Lights books. When I first read the books I was so mad that I had a cat at home that couldn't turn into a bird or a dog or a mouse at will, and even more mad that I couldn't take him with me everywhere (because he would definitely run away and not follow me loyally). I love my dogs now but a talking ferret or maybe a tiger would be pretty amazing -my personality definitely requires a tiger.



10. Disney Descendants (Villains) - Favourite Villain or morally ambiguous character 

(Yeah Descendants isn't my scene so I went for actual villains in the picture -sorry bout it). Totally the obvious answer for me here, but it's got to be Draco Malfoy. The boy with the charm, brains and a total daddy complex that meant he does bad things (or doesn't do them because he's a bit of a wimp), when he doesn't really want to, just to impress his father and live up to the Malfoy family name. I could justify Draco all day long but I'll end this here before this becomes the Harry Potter tag again.

I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed coming up with the answers. I'm not tagging anyone in particular but if you'd like to do this tag then by all means, let me know if you do because I'd love to read your answers!

Thanks for reading!

20 comments

  1. Thank you for doing this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disney Princess tag is next on my list! xoxo

      Delete
  2. This looks like it could be a fun tag to do,I was thinking of reading IT at some point 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great fun, a long process but definitely worth it to look back on! Definitely read IT, the film is dreafully tame in comparison xx

      Delete
  3. What a fun tag! It is the first time I am reading one like this! I love Disney! I love the mortal instruments too xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it so much reading other peoples! The fact that it was Disney did motivate me a little :P xxx

      Delete
  4. This is SUCH a good tag! 😍 I honestly think it would take me hours to think of characters for all of these things though. I may give it a go... when I have the time and patience! I'm so keen to read IT at the moment. I love a deep, dark, disturbing book!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did take a long time xD but it was a lot of fun thinking about the questions. The hardest part is remembering what books I've actually read and which characters are in them :P

      Delete
  5. I love this tag and really need to great around to reading it! Loved all your answers and how you set it out and now your enforcing my need to read One of Us is Lying! I need to read this book ASAP it appears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss everyone read one of us is lying, you won't regret it <3 xxx

      Delete
  6. Oh books and Disney - two of my favourite things! What a great combination. And as a Potterhead, totally agree with your Malfoy comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Draco, disney and books are what I live for <3 x

      Delete
  7. Love this original take on a Disney/book tag! My tbr list is already oh so long, but especially One Of Us Is Lying has taken my fancy. Oh well, you can never be over-read, right? ;)

    Love,
    Dominique

    www.fashionedbypluche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One OF Us Is Lying is sooooo good, it's going to be in my top books of the year <3 no such thing as too many books :D

      Delete
  8. I loved your answers to these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this tag, and your answers!
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you on the post. I have the following rating from the video.
    I went into this with low expectations. Honestly, an entire film about adults playing the game of tag?

    I was pleasantly surprised how funny this film was! I haven't laughed this hard in a LONG time! It is a fast paced comedy that wears its R rating proudly - it is rude, crude and funny!!

    This film is all about excellent acting, great direction and wonderful editing. The plot is paper thin but I was never bored..

    Don't let the plot dissuade you from seeing this. I actually laughed so hard I missed a lot of the jokes! will probably buy this on bluray so I can catch up with what I missed.
    > movies2k
    > arrival putlockers
    > the revenant putlocker
    > yidio movies
    > m4ufree movies
    > watch32 movies
    > megashare9



    ReplyDelete

© Rebecca Stobart. Design by FCD.