Zoella & Friends Book Club Unboxing

Monday 3 July 2017


Hi everyone! I'm really excited to be doing this post today as it's my first time taking part in a Zoella Book Club. I've read quite a lot of the books from past Zoella book clubs and haven't been disappointed in the choices, so when the 2017 book club was announced I knew I wanted to take part. 

So first, lets dive into the books!

Chosen by Zoella: Moxie by Jennifer Mathieu

Vivian Carter is fed up. Fed up with sexist dress codes. Fed up with gross comments from guys during class. Fed up with her high school teachers who let it happen! But most of all, Viv is fed up with always following the rules.

Viv's mum was a punk rock Riot Grrl, inspiring Viv to create MOXIE, a feminist zine that she distributes anonymously to her classmates. She's just blowing off steam, but other girls respond and begin to spread the MOXIE message: MOXIE GIRLS FIGHT BACK!


Chosen by Jennifer Niven: Orbiting Jupiter b Gary D. Schmidt

When Jack meets his new foster bother, he already know three things about him. 
Joseph almost killed a teacher. 
He was incarcerated called Stone Mountain. 
He has a daughter, her name is Jupiter and he has never seen her. 
What Jack doesn't know, at first, is how desperate Joseph is to find his baby girl. Or how urgently he, Jack, will want to help. But the past can't be shaken off. Even as new bonds form, old wounds reopen. The search for Jupiter demands more from Jack than he can imagine. 


Chosen by Amy Alward: The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord +
                                            The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr

Can you plan happiness? 
It's been a year since Paige's first boyfriend died in a swimming accident and it's time she rejoined the real world. So she makes a plan: 
1. Date a boy (long-standing crush Ryan Chase seems like the perfect choice. 
2. Attend parties (with best friends by your side: doable) 
3. Join a club (simple enough, right?)
 4. Travel (might as well dream big) 
5. Swim (terrifying, impossible). 
But when she meets Ryan's sweet (but so nerdy) cousin, Max, he opens her world and Paige's plans start to change... Is it too late for a second chance at life? 



How do you know who to trust when you can't even trust yourself? 
Flora has amnesia. She can't remember anything day-to-day: the joke her friend made, the instructions her parents gave her, how old she is. 
Then she kisses someone she shouldn't - and the next day she remembers it. 
It's the first time she's remembered anything since she was ten. 
But the boy is gone. 
I look at my hands. One of them says 
FLORA be brave. 


Chosen by Juno Dawson: Girlhood by Cat Clarke +
                                            History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera

I lost myself when my sister died, and these girls rebuilt me, piece by piece. 
I thought that nothing could ever come between us. 
I thought I knew who I was...
Until the new girl showed up. 


Griffin has lost his first love in a drowning accident. Theo was his best friend, ex-boyfriend and the one he believed he would end up with. Now, reeling from grief and worsening OCD, Griffin turns to an unexpected person for help. Theo's new boyfriend. 
But as their relationship becomes increasingly complicated, dangerous truths begin to surface. Griffin must make a choice: confront the pass or miss out on his future.


Chosen by Chris Russel: Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
                                          After The Fire by Will Hill 

Juliet Young always writes letters to her mother, a world-traveling photojournalist. Even after her mother's death, she leaves letters at her grave. It's the only way Juliet can cope.

Declan Murphy isn't the sort of guy you want to cross. In the midst of his court-ordered community service at the local cemetery, he's trying to escape the demons of his past.

When Declan reads a haunting letter left beside a grave, he can't resist writing back. Soon, he's opening up to a perfect stranger, and their connection is immediate. But neither Declan nor Juliet knows that they're not actually strangers. When life at school interferes with their secret life of letters, sparks will fly as Juliet and Declan discover truths that might tear them apart.


Father John controls everything inside The Fence. And Father John likes rules. Especially about never talking to Outsiders. Because Father John knows the truth. He knows what is right, and what is wrong. He knows what is coming.

Moonbeam is starting to doubt, though. She’s starting to see the lies behind Father John’s words. She wants him to be found out.

What if the only way out of the darkness is to light a fire?


If you order the bundle of books, W H Smith even throw in some extras (while stocks last) which included everything you see below + some goodies from the last Zoella Book Club. This years goodies are; 
  • An eight piece stationary set and mushroom eraser/sharpener from W H Smith,
  • Bookmarks from The Start of Me and You and History is All You Left Me 
  • Post cards featuring Cat Clarke's work
  • A set of Moxie badges, individual badges from Jupiter Rising and Girl Online
  • And a preview of The Truth and Lies of Ella Black by Emily Barr. 



The stuff from the last book club was; a post from A Moster Calls, a Frozen Charlotte badge, an exclusive first look at Fir by Sharon Gosling, a post card of Lyign About Last Summer by Sue Wallman and a bookmark from The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily. Overall I'm so happy with this bundle and at just £30 I think it was a total bargain.

I just couldn't wait to get started on these books so right now I am reading Moxie, I'm also planning to read both The One Memory of Flora Banks and After The Fire as part of my readathon this Saturday. There will be reviews going up of these books across the summer so keep an eye out for those. 

Thanks for reading!

14 comments

  1. We've watched her vid on her new selection of books! So excited for you that you've got them, Defo a few in there I want to pick up! Would love to know your recommendations!

    Jessica & James | foodandbakertravels.co.uk / foodandbakertravels.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just finished Moxie which is amazing! I will have reviews of all of these books going up over summer, I'll be shouting my recommendations there :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. I've been eyeing on this bundle! Such lovely books included in it. And it's nice to hear you got goodies that comes with it as well. Thanks for sharing! x Ain (www.captaineverland.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I love most is how pretty they all look together! I had to have the bundle rather than just one or two books :P Thanks for commenting! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wow. This is such a cool idea. I love being recommended new books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love recommending new books :P xoxo

      Delete
  4. So many of those books sound really interesting! Now I put "The One Memory Of Flora Banks" on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had that book for the longest time and never got round to reading it! I'm definitely reading it this weekend though :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. I'm so jealous right now. haha I want all of these books. They are all up my street and seem like a very fun read. xx

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is probably my favourite selection of books from one of the book clubs. Can't wait to dive into the rest of them xoxo

      Delete
  6. The whole selection looks so interesting, I'll definitely be adding a few of these to my ever growing list. I had heard about the bookclub before and I'm thinking I may have to take part one day! Sometimes you're not always sure it will be the right books for you but these sound great. Thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time properly taking part, I really want to be part of the action haha. I think it'll be fun to read together, I preordered before the titles were revealed and it was just dumb luck that I liked all of the books. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Ooooo the books in this bundle sound really interesting! There's definitely some in there that I think I'm going to have to check it for myself 💖

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I can't wait for mine to arrive! Didn't order it until release day since WH Smith didn't get back to any of my pre-order queries, and still waiting.
    The only book I have already read is Flora, and it was great. I think it's one of those love-or-hate books when it comes to the style.
    Cora ❤ http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Rebecca Stobart. Design by FCD.