Book Box Club - Fallen Angels April Unboxing

Wednesday 25 April 2018


After the success of my February box I decided to order my second Book Box Club because the theme Fallen Angels was just way too tempting. We were promised Buffy, Shadowhunters and that was enough to convince me. 

Onto the unboxing!

First up we have a Shadowhunters sketchbook featuring some Jace artwork by Nova Art Prints. It's a great quality item but it has blank pages, so it's not something I think I'll actually use BUT that does mean it will look nice and pristine for a long time because it won't be ruined with my messy hand writing. 


The next item is a gorgeous candle from Bookish Burns, it is sandalwood and patchouli scented and themed around Karou and Akiva. Now this is a really gorgeous item, but I actually haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone so, this will be a part of a giveaway I am doing on Twitter in the next couple of weeks keep an eye out on @_rebeccastobart if you would like to win this candle and a selection of other bookish themed items. 


The next item is probably my favourite and it's a Buffy sticker with; I'm A Slayer, Ask Me How! on it from Quotify. I've already stuck this on my Macbook in true millennial fashion and I'll be ordering some more stickers like this because they're great quality and I love the classic tattoo style.


I've got two items here and they are the Angel Veil body butter by Shimmer Luxe and Feather Bookmark from Ingrained Inc. The body butter smells sweet and when I tested it out it was really thick and moisturising, I can't wait to use it properly. The feather bookmark is my other favourite, it's so gorgeous and if I'm being totally honest, it's going to be a killer Bookstagram prop. 


No we're onto the final items, we'll give the Tunnocks teacake a very brief shout out because it lasted about three seconds after this photo was taken... The box it came in to protect it was super cute though! The book this month is Out Of The Blue by Sophie Cameron, after reading the blurb I am really excited about this book, it's not a huge daunting read either, which is always good for my TBR. I'll hopefully be reviewing it sometime over the next few months, I've added the blurb beneath the photo for anyone who might be interested!


Ten days after Jaya Mackenzie’s mum dies, angels start falling from the sky. Smashing down to earth at extraordinary speeds, wings bent, faces contorted, not a single one has survived.

Hysteria mounting with every Being that drops, Jaya’s father uproots the family to Edinburgh intent on catching one alive. But Jaya can’t stand this obsession and, struggling to make sense of her mother’s sudden death and her own role on that fateful day, she’s determined to stay out of it.

When her best friend disappears and her father’s mania spirals, things hit rock bottom and it’s at that moment something extraordinary happens: An angel lands right at Jaya’s feet, and it’s alive. Finally she is forced to acknowledge just how significant these celestial beings are.

Overall, I really liked this box. It wasn't as strong as the February box, but I liked every fandom that was included in that box and I knew that not having read Daughter of Smoke and Bone would be a risk when buying this box. I'm skipping next months theme which is Stargazers, but if you're a fan of ACOTAR or Three Dark Crowns then you should probably check it out here!

(I really do love this sticker)

Thanks for reading!

Post a Comment

© Rebecca Stobart. Design by FCD.