Reading Habits Book Tag

Friday 27 April 2018


Hello lovely people of the bookish world! today I'm back with another tag that no one tagged me in... I saw this tag on A Little But A Lot by the wonderful Steph, so make sure you go and check her answers to this out too!

I hope you enjoy, lets go!

Bookmarks or random pieces of paper?

If I'm at home, it's bookmarks. If I'm starting a new book on a train, for example, it's random pieces of paper. I never remember to carry around my bookmarks, they're always in a safe box under my bed.. Some of them are even too pretty to use and I know I'm not the only one who has bookmarks just for Bookstagram, so don't even pretend. 


Stop reading randomly or after a chapter/certain amount of pages? 


The only time I don't finish the end of a chapter is if I'm randomly interrupted. I always have a thing of trying to read five chapters before I put my book down, more if the chapters are short. Most recently I stopped mid chapter because I couldn't wait to go and check the post because I have no chill around parcels. 

Do you have a certain place at home for reading? 

My Sherlock chair or bed. I say it's my chair, it's actually my step dads spot and when I'm watching TV I favour the sofa, but there's something very comforting about a big chair in the window that helps me read a lot faster. Bed is also good but I like to be up out of bed early in the morning, I can't lie in so most of my reading is done sitting upright. 

Do you eat or drink whilst reading? 

I'm really not that skilled. A cup of tea will still mean having to put my book down for a few moments to have a drink, same goes for a snack. It's just an unnecessary inconvenience. 

Multitasking: Music or TV when reading? 

I can have all the things going on around me at any given time. In my house, since I live with my family, there is usually a TV and a conversation at minimum that I have to read with. We live in a noisy world and I think I've just about learned how to cope. 

One book at a time or several? 

Only one unless I have an audiobook going on, then I'm usually reading a book separately because audiobooks are long... I'm not the quickest reader but even I can finish a couple of books in the time it takes to listen to one. 

Reading at home or everywhere? 

Everywhere! I like reading in new places, most recently my reading adventures took me to the woodland country park near where I live. Reading outdoors is my favourite and now that the weather is a bit nicer (I'm definitely jinxing this) I hope to get out of the house with my books (and Harley) more. 

Reading out loud or silently?

Silently... I couldn't read out loud, it would be a longer process than Stephen Fry reading Order of the Phoenix. Though, if I'm struggling with a name in a book, fantasy fan curse, then I usually say a few lines out loud to hear the name so I can practice it. 

Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?

I have both on my shelves. Generally I keep things new. If I can comfortably read a book without breaking the spine then I will. I have had to put books down at an awkward angle before, but I haven't cried over the lines just yet. 

Do you write in your books? 

No, definitely not. Not even when I was reading for GCSE. I'm a big fan of book tabs and making notes as I go -in a notebook. I would love to one day own an authors annotated copy of a book, because their writing would add something, mine would mostly be OH NO HE DIDN'T and HOTTTTT or worse... WTF OMG STAHP. It wouldn't be helpful to anyone. 

And that is all of the questions in the reading habits tag. I'm not tagging anyone since I wasn't technically tagged myself... BUT if you would like to do this tag then let me know and I'll check out your answers because I'm nosey. 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment

© Rebecca Stobart. Design by FCD.